How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events? In your response, describe the choices you made while developing your myth and explain the lesson, value, or human responsibility you wanted your story to communicate.

 Prompt Response:
Creating my own origin myths helped me better understand why cultures used stories to explain the origin of people, places, and traditions by allowing me to view from different perspectives. For example, when creating the origin myth, I was able to choose the perspectives and values of all of my different characters. I chose to create 3 gods with different personalities who created a world together, and I decided to add natural elements as a result of the conflict between all 3 gods. The lesson that I wanted my story to communicate was that everyone deserves respect, whether they are as "important" or as powerful as you or not.

Summary:
Today, we wrote our own origin myths on Writably and we were able to view a reference as inspiration and as a guide for our writing.

Reflection:
I learned more about the way origin myths are written and was able to write about them firsthand.

Comments